Lost your job?
We all want to be more successful at our jobs. Successfully Unemployed will help you be even more successful at your search. It is the must-read companion guaranteed to help you find or create your dream job—the perfect fit for you. One that reflects and fulfills your life’s mission and purpose. ...READ MORE
Show #87: March 14, 2013
Boomers Can Win at Job Search. But the continuing job crisis has created major difficulties for them.
Boomers have been hit the hardest, and it is taking them the longest to find work. Whether you are unemployed, or looking for better fitting work, this particular broadcast will be important to you. When it comes to finding or creating work, Boomers can sometimes be their own worst enemy. Instead, I will put a positive spin on the unique advantages of being a Boomer when it comes to job search.
- What are the Advantages of Being a Baby Boomer?
- Is it too late to start a new career?
- Why Boomers are Uniquely Qualified?
- What are the Perceived Disadvantages & How to Deal with Them?
- Attitude is Essential
- Why Consulting is a Perfect Fit?
- What Boomers Must do to Successfully Find or Create Work?
Show #86: March 7, 2013
Have you ever dreamed about creating your own job by starting a full or part time business?
Almost 70% of American homes already have one.
- Have you been unemployed a long time, but have significant experience in a specific field?
- Are you working full time, but want to test a business idea on a part time basis?
- Do you want to leave the traditional workplace and come home to work in order to have more time with your family?
All are great reasons for starting a business! Over ten years ago, I started two small businesses. For a variety of reasons, it has been the best career move of my life. More recently, I have also started this Successfully Unemployed ministry.
This week I will quickly cover many important topics to help you start the business of your dreams.
- Why now is a great time to start a business
- Are you a fit for any business?
- How to determine which business idea is best
- Five steps to prepare for a successful launch
- Fact or Fiction regarding business plans
- Resources to help you start right.
Show #85: February 28, 2013
Dr. Bryan Dik will be our guest this week on this important topic. Bryan is currently Associate Professor of Psychology at Colorado State University ( CSU). He also is co-founder and Chief Science Officer of jobZology, a start-up company that assesses and provides feedback to job-seekers and facilitates matches to employers based on psychological fit.
Dr. Dik earned his B.A. in Psychology from Calvin College and his Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Minnesota. His research is primarily in the area of career development, especially perceptions of work as a calling; in career decision-making and planning; measurement of vocational interests; and career development interventions.
We will be discussing:
- What exactly does it mean to approach work as a calling?
- How does your “calling” impact your job search?
- How is a calling different from a job or career?
- What steps can people take to discern a calling?
- What is wrong with the “pray and wait” approach?
- How can people take their faith to work?